Requirements for application for a Zimbabwean passport
Please be advised that applicants are required to visit the Embassy in person and make applications for passport renewals. This is because applicants are required to have their fingerprints taken at the Embassy.
The following documents are required when submitting the application form:
1. Original and photocopy of Zimbabwean Long Birth Certificate.
2. Original and photocopy of National Identity Card (ID) (Paper type, metal type, or plastic-type), for those who turn 16. Kindly be advised that all Zimbabwean children who have turned 16 years of age are required to obtain Zimbabwe National Registration Cards (IDs), by law, before they can apply for Zimbabwe Passports. The registration cards can only be obtained by going to Zimbabwe to make the application in person.
3. Marriage Certificate and photocopy, (for married women – ID should be in married name);
4. Proof of Citizenship, if claiming citizenship in Zimbabwe by Descent, Registration or Naturalisation;
5. Old/Expired Passport plus a photocopy of bio-data page for new type passport or pages 1 to 5 for old-type Passport or letter from Home Office;
6. A fee of US$30 in Cash.
Children below 18 years should be accompanied by either parents or Legal Guardian, with an I.D card or valid Passport to sign Section 5 of the Passport form. Parents and Legal Guardians of children below 18 years whose dependents are not resident in Turkey need to sign Section 5 at the Embassy and send it to their dependents. They should bring 2 x colour photographs of 4.5cm long by 3.5cm wide dimensions, taken from a studio with a WHITE background, and applicants should wear DARK coloured upper clothes.
Information Regarding the Processing of Passport Applications
All passport applicants please take note of the following information:
1. Processing of passport applications, including payment of processing fee, is done in Zimbabwe. This procedure can either be done by the applicant when he/she travels to Zimbabwe or by a third-party nominee residing in Zimbabwe who is a relative of the applicant.
2. It is the responsibility of the applicant to send the application form to Zimbabwe for processing.
3. Passport application forms can be processed at any nearest Passport Office in Zimbabwe. NB: all emergency passports (one day) are processed in Harare.
4. Passport processing fees are paid at the Passport Office in Zimbabwe. Zimbabwean Citizens living abroad may apply for an urgent passport (24hrs) at a fee of US$318 if they are able to pay the emergence passport processing fee
5. A complete passport application form to be sent to Zimbabwe should consist of the following documents:
a. the stamped passport application form (P1)
b. certified copies of birth certificate, I.D. and relevant pages of the old passport; including the page affixed the visa sticker/ proof of residence
c. stamped passport size photos
d. original receipt issued by the Embassy (retain a copy)
e. the letter authorizing your nominee to submit the application and also collect the new passport once it is issued.
Once the new passport is ready for collection, the applicant is required to tender the old passport to the Embassy for cancellation and then fax copies of the cancelled passport to the nominee to enable him/her to collect the new passport.
Please note that all visits to the Embassy are strictly by appointment. Please contact the Embassy to book an appointment for all consular services.
Consular Office is open between 09:00 am and 4:00 pm from Monday to Friday excluding Zimbabwe and Turkish Public Holidays.